Sponsoring the MotoGP World Championship
Your brand at the heart of motorsport
Thrilling race fans since 1949, MotoGP is still winning over fresh audiences 80 years later – maybe something to do with its expansion around the globe. MotoGP’s 18-round season visits 15 countries across five continents, showcasing the planet’s most dynamic motorcycle racers.
- 207 countries and territories receive live or same-day programming
- 369 households reached
- 7,694 hours of MotoGP broadcasted in one year
- 9,248 media representatives from 62 countries attended
A GLOBAL, FRUITFUL MARKET
- 2,5 million spectators on track, with over 100,000 at each event
- 83% of the audience would tend to choose a brand because they associate it with MotoGP
- 68% of the public have bought a product due to MotoGP sponsorship
Why sponsor MotoGP?
A complete, efficient marketing tool
MotoGP sponsorship is a truly 360° marketing tool, offering passion, youth and innovation alongside countless activation opportunities and outstanding international media coverage. MotoGP followers are young and loyal (42% have been following the sport for the last two-five years, whilst an average spectator watches 14 out of 18 races per season), and are as much as engaged with MotoGP sponsors and brands as they are with drivers. Clearly, being a MotoGP World Championship sponsor means having an astonishing array of marketing opportunities that work together to generate impressive ROI. It also gives the opportunity for a fully-customised project, tailor-made around your brand’s marketing and commercial goals. Ultimately, it’s all about storytelling – and MotoGP’s excellent production of imagery, video and content make it the perfect platform for those companies wishing to enlarge their online fanbase and their social media following. Combined, all this leads to one place: truly effective content marketing, with real long-term results
The benefits of Sport Sponsorship
And why you should consider MotoGP
- Sales. The facts are straight-up: countless activation opportunities, huge scalability, sky-high ROI for brands, and efficiency in both B2B and B2C settings. This combination is one that generates a strong sales record – it’s no wonder most Fortune 500 companies have sports sponsorship programmes in place. For specific examples, get in touch – we’re more than happy to discuss success stories.
- Visibility. The beauty of sports sponsorship is that it’s seen both by those present at the game AND those who are watching from elsewhere. Specialised TV channels, international media coverage, fan pages galore… all these aspects add up to create the perfect marketing and communication tool to get your brand in front of a global audience.
- New Audiences. Sport is a global, unifying force – one that transcends borders and political conflict. This harmony and inclusion offers brands the chance to open themselves up to new markets and target audiences, almost without boundary or limit.
- Engagement. Sports sponsorship offers the opportunity to maximise all the communication tools at your disposal: exclusive content, imagery rights, storytelling strategy and live events, for example. The chance to meld all these aspects of your campaign together gives an unparallelled potential for reach and engagement amongst your potential customers.
- Hospitality. Sports sponsorship deals can have on the ground benefits for your client and employee relationships too. Hospitality packages, for example MotoGP VIP packages, give the chance to reward those you’ve worked with, offer incredible incentive packages, and show off your sponsorship successes to important stakeholders. Think VIP tickets, hospitality boxes, and gourmet dining as standard. Why not use memorable moments like these to leverage and boost your business?
- B2B. With the majority of Fortune 500 companies now waking up to the benefits of sports sponsorship, beginning your own campaign will put you in an exclusive club of brands and organisations that share a common passion and goal: the power of sports, and their value on the world stage. Connections amongst sponsors are common, and easy to set up. You’re all in it for the same reasons, after all
Efficiency of Sport Sponsorship
And the decline of the traditional consumer
Unfortunately for marketing traditionalists, the old world of ADV is no longer reaping the rewards that it once did. Whilst consumers are still highly engaged, their behaviours have drastically changed. They key to this is understanding that the new customer is tech-savvy, well-informed – and very, very aware when they’re being sold to. A solution that can really help brands out in this scenario is sports sponsorship. Here are just a few of the reasons why.
- Sports sponsorship leverages the emotion of a tournament, match or championship, aligning your brand with strong feelings of positivity in the viewer – something that’s entirely unique
- It allows you to share in and convey the positive values of a sports team, or of the sport in general
- Crucially, sports sponsorship doesn’t interrupt viewers whilst they are trying to watch an important match – instead, it seeps into their experience and becomes part of the action
- It’s fast-growing, with +5% upward growth year-on-year (IEG) – creating a global sponsorship business worth more than $62.8 billion
Source: Dorna, Nielsen, CSM International