Formula 1 Sponsorship Agency
Partnering with motorsport’s finest
Formula 1 is the pinnacle of motorsports and one of the major global sport series in the world. Since its birth in 1946, F1 represents not only the top championship for single-seater racing cars, but also the reference point for state-of-the-art technology and speed.
With 20+ events around the world in a 10-month competition gathering millions in front of the screens and on the stands at the track, Formula 1 has been inspiring generations thanks to an impressive array of god-like drivers, from Senna to Hamilton, from Villeneuve to Schumacher.
A Formula One sponsorship is a unique opportunity to be associated with one of the most popular and watched sport series in the world, as well as an unparalleled platform to reach out to a global audience.
Signing a Formula 1 Sponsorship deal means much more than just becoming partner with a sport property. It means stepping in an elite world of business, technology and R&D, and enjoying world-wide marketing opportunities at the highest possible level.
If you are interested in becoming a Formula 1 sponsor or need more information about this unique opportunity, please contact us. We will be glad to provide you with all the necessary details and support throughout the process
F1 Sponsorship: meet the world’s most prestigious brands
Formula 1 today is a sophisticated, globally recognized sport portraying a rich bouquet of values and propositions that quickly transfer onto the brands sponsoring the series. Speed, technology, passion, teamwork and innovation are at the heart of every big company’s mission and vision. That’s why, from the 60’s until today, F1 advertising has always proved to be super effective for those companies wishing to stand out from the competitions and to become familiar to millions.
But there’s more to Formula 1 Sponsorship deals. Choosing a F1 sponsorship program also means joining an exclusive, highly prestigious club of other excellent Formula 1 sponsors: the world’s top brands and most influential companies. Not only, as a matter of fact, Formula 1 is an extraordinary driver (no pun intended) of business when it comes to B2C; it is also an effective fly-wheel for all things B2B.
From on-car visibility to PR ops, from trackside billboards to VIP hospitalities and from exclusive communication rights to top-notch social media storytelling, Formula 1 marketing opportunities are copious and tailor-made on the sponsor’s needs, goals and ambitions.
RTR Sports Marketing is a Formula 1 sponsorship agency
RTR Sports Marketing’s Managing Director Riccardo Tafa has been working with Formula 1 and within sponsorship in F1 since the 90’s, securing deals with the likes of McLaren and Williams. From there onwards, the team at RTR Sports have always dedicated their focus to the main series in motorsports, from MotoGP to Formula E, always with a keen eye for F1.
RTR Sports Marketing’s expertise and know-how as a F1 marketing agency can help you and your company with the following:
Formula 1 Sponsorship Brokering.
Are you and your brand thinking about a F1 sponsorship package? Look no further then. We can help building the best program with the best teams and drivers on the grid. From the initial plan to a signed contract, we will provide consultancy all along.
F1 Sponsorship Activation.
Activation is not the icing on the cake. Rather, it’s where the actual value of the sponsorship package springs from and where a Formula 1 agency can truly prove their usefulness. It may be taking the showcar for a spin in the city center, or having the drivers compete with the fans at the simulator: this is where sky’s the limit and creativity knows no boundaries.
RTR Sports Marketing is much more than just a Formula 1 advertising agency. Since the early days, we strive to go past the traditional visibility and leverage on the sport’s potential to create value for our clients. Licensing is a powerful tool to convey Formula 1’s exceptional values and legacy and boost new life into your products.
F1 Hospitality Packages and F1 Experiences.
If you think there’s nothing like seeing the real thing, well you’re right. The thrill of motorsport when you are at the track is second to none: the screaming engines, the warping speed, the glamour of the world’s shiniest paddock. For F1 sponsors, this can become an offer you can’t pass up to engage with their top customers and secure new deals in an exciting environment.
If you wish to learn more about our work as a Formula 1 marketing agency, want to understand how to sponsor a F1 team, how does F1 sponsorship work or to have a look at the brands we have had the privilege to partner with, you can continue your navigation at this link.
An impressive TV audience
Formula 1 reaches 1.55 billion people in 188 territories and this number is increasing year by year. Globally, the average audience per Grand Prix in 2021 was 70.3mn. These figures make it one of the most watched sports in the world, and its popularity is only increasing as the sport becomes more and more accessible via digital channels.
The reach of Formula 1 is not limited to TV though, as the sport has a huge social media following. F1 has 49.1m total followers and has seen the highest engagement rate with social posts compared to other major sports in 2021.
With such a large and engaged audience, it’s no wonder that brands are clamouring to get involved in Formula 1 sponsorship.
- Average audience per Grand Prix: 87.4m.
- Strong results in a number of key markets with +43% year-on-year (YoY) in China, +28% YoY in the Netherlands, +10% YoY in the UK, + 71% YoY in Russia and +5% YoY in Germany. The USA also saw a +1% increase even with no local time zone events and no US Grand Prix which would have benefited from wider ABC audience exposure.
- Unique viewers: 433m (-8% YoY), fewer races as well as the reasons mentioned above.
- Cumulative TV audience: 1.5bn compared to 1.9bn in 2019.
- Most-watched GP: Hungarian Grand Prix with 103.7m for the Hungarian Grand Prix, 5m for Portugal, 98.1m for the Bahrain outer track and 89.1m for Turkey.
Formula 1 sponsorship: joining a strong digital platform
- F1 is the second fastest growing major sports league on the planet across the four major social platforms.
- Followers (across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, Snapchat, Twitch and Chinese social platforms): up 36% to 35m, video views up 47% to 4.9bn and total engagement up 99% to 810m.
- Total video views across F1.com, the F1 App and social media: +46% vs 2019 to 4.9bn, unique users on F1.com and the F1 app were up +26% to 70.5m and page views were up +13% to 1.3bn.
- Very strong digital growth in China with followers on Chinese platforms (Weibo, WeChat, Toutiao and Douyin) up +133% to 1.9m.
- 14m podcast listens, Beyond The Grid the most-listened-to motorsport podcast in the USA, UK, Australia and Canada, amongst other territories.
Formula 1 is now strongly outperforming other major sports in the digital arena including La Liga, NBA, PGA tour and the Premier League. The digital share of total minutes (including broadcast and digital) has grown from 7% in 2019 to 10% in 2020.
Formula 1 E sports
- The F1 Esports Series 2020: total of 11.4m live stream views across all digital platforms, 98% increase on 2019.
- The Grand Finale reached an impressive 1.7m social media interactions, an all-time record for any F1 Esports Series event
- The series recorded 23.8m video views, up 29% on 2019
Source: F1 (TM)