Motorsport Sponsorship Agency: The MotoGP Marketing Specialists
Your brand at the heart of the action
Thrilling race fans since 1949, MotoGP grand prix motorcycle racing is still winning over fresh audiences 80 years later – maybe something to do with its expansion around the globe. MotoGP’s 18-round season visits 15 countries across five continents, showcasing the planet’s most dynamic motorcycle racers.
RACING MEDIA COVERAGE
- 207 countries and territories receive live or same-day programming
- 369 households reached
- 7,694 hours of MotoGP broadcasted in one year
- 9,248 media representatives from 62 countries attended
A GLOBAL, FRUITFUL MARKET
- 2,5 million spectators on track, with over 100,000 at each event
- 83% of the audience would tend to choose a brand because they associate it with MotoGP
- 68% of the public have bought a product due to MotoGP sponsorship
Source: Dorna, Nielsen, CSM International
Why sponsor MotoGP?
A complete, efficient marketing tool
A motorsport sponsorship package is a truly 360° marketing tool, offering passion, youth and innovation alongside countless activation opportunities and outstanding international media coverage. MotoGP followers are young and loyal (42% have been following the sport for the last two-five years, whilst an average spectator watches 14 out of 18 races per season), and are as engaged with MotoGP sponsors and brands as they are with riders. Clearly, being a MotoGP World Championship sponsor means having an astonishing array of marketing opportunities that work together to generate impressive ROI. It also gives the opportunity for a fully-customised project, tailor-made around your brand’s marketing and commercial goals. Ultimately, it’s all about storytelling – and MotoGP’s excellent production of imagery, video and content make it the perfect platform for those companies wishing to enlarge their online fanbase and their social media following. Combined, all this leads to one place: truly effective content marketing, with real long-term results.
The benefits of Sport Sponsorship
And why you should consider MotoGP for your motorsport sponsorship
- Sales. The facts are straight-up: countless sponsorship activation opportunities, huge scalability, sky-high ROI for brands, and efficiency for both B2C and B2B sponsors. This combination is one that generates a strong sales record – it’s no wonder most Fortune 500 companies have sports sponsorship programs in place. For specific examples, get in touch – we’re more than happy to discuss success stories.
- Visibility. The beauty of sports sponsorship is that it’s seen both by those present at the game AND those who are watching from elsewhere. Specialised TV channels, international media coverage, fan pages galore… all these aspects add up to create the perfect marketing and communication tool to get your brand in front of a global audience. With the support of a good motorsport sponsorship agency you can reap great results.
- New Audiences. Sport is a global, unifying force – one that transcends borders and political conflict. This harmony and inclusion offers brands the chance to open themselves up to new markets and target audiences, almost without boundary or limit.
- Engagement. Sports sponsorship offers the opportunity to maximise all the communication tools at your disposal: exclusive content, imagery rights, storytelling strategy and live events, for example. The chance to meld all these aspects of your campaign together gives an unparallelled potential for reach and engagement amongst your potential customers.
- Hospitality. Sports sponsorship deals can have on the ground benefits for your client and employee relationships too. Hospitality packages, for example MotoGP VIP packages, give the chance to reward those you’ve worked with, offer incredible incentive packages, and show off your sponsorship successes to important stakeholders. Think VIP tickets, hospitality boxes, and gourmet dining as standard. Why not use memorable moments like these to leverage and boost your business?
- B2B. With the majority of Fortune 500 companies now waking up to the benefits of motorsport sponsorship opportunities, beginning your own campaign will put you in an exclusive club of brands and organisations that share a common passion and goal: the power of sports, and their value on the world stage. Connections amongst sponsors are common, and easy to set up. You’re all in it for the same reasons, after all, and your motorsport marketing agency will help you to get all the right introductions.
Efficiency of Sport Sponsorship
And the decline of the traditional consumer
Unfortunately for marketing traditionalists, the old world of ADV is no longer reaping the rewards that it once did. Whilst consumers are still highly engaged, their behaviours have drastically changed. The key to this is understanding that the new customer is tech-savvy, well-informed – and very, very aware when they’re being sold to. A solution that can really help brands out in this scenario is sports sponsorship. Here are just a few of the reasons why.
- Sports sponsorship leverages the emotion of a tournament, match or championship, aligning your brand with strong feelings of positivity in the viewer – something that’s entirely unique
- It allows you to share in and convey the positive values of a sports team, or of the sport in general
- Crucially, sports sponsorship doesn’t interrupt viewers whilst they are trying to watch an important match – instead, it seeps into their experience and becomes part of the action
- It’s fast-growing, with +5% upward growth year-on-year (IEG) – creating a global sponsorship business worth more than $62.8 billion
MotoGP Data and figures
Welcome to a media powerhouse
Media production: 22,572 hours of content, 150 Media Professionals, 180 Live Cameras, 13 Broadcasters Signals, 1.118 hours of content per GP, 100 on board cameras across the three classes, 15 Terabytes of content per event.
Media Figures: more than 200 countries receiving live TV signal, 27,145 total broadcast hours, 433 Million homes reached via cable satellite, 55 countries represented by media personnel, 9.557 media representatives.
List of Broadcasters (non-exhaustive): Sky (Italy), BT Sport (UK), DAZN (Spain), Trans7 (Indonesia), FOX (Asia), Servus TV (Germany, Austria), Canal+ (France, Belgium), Eurosport (Benelux, Romania), Sport TV (Portugal), C8 (France), ESPN (Latin America), BeIN Sports (USA, Canada), Hulu (Japan), Sony ESPN (Indian Subcontinent), SporTV (Brazil), Nova Sport 1 (Czech Republic).
Social Media: 11.7 Billion impressions, 2 Billion video views, 13.6 Million facebook fans, 8.5 Million Instagram Followers, 2.4 Million Youtube Subscribers
Total On-Track Attendance: 2.863.113
With these figures it is easy to understand why motorsport sponsorship is on the rise
How To Generate Motorsport Sponsorship ROI
The importance of sponsorship activation
Sponsorship activation is without a shadow of doubt one of the main areas of any successful sponsorship program, and one that is too often overlooked. Sponsor brands sometimes forget that motorsport sponsorship opportunities, per se, are nothing but a set of marketing and communication rights. Therefore, actively leveraging on those rights to extract the maximum value and how you turn those rights into actions is the name of the game.
Simply put, sponsorship activation is the set of strategies and actions a brand sponsor can create to leverage on the sponsorship rights and thus exploiting the maximum value out of the program and generating return on investments.
It’s easy to see how broad this whole concept is: from events to social media storytelling, from hospitality programs to the production of merchandise, any action made possible by the sponsorship contract is part of the sponsorship activation category. Brands like Red Bull, Coca-Cola, Nike or Petronas have become famous for their clever activations and use of sponsorship, often resulting in memorable moments of marketing and branding.
However, while activation is a pivotal aspect for any sports marketing strategy, and one that can potentially multiply the value generated by the sponsorship, it is not something properties are providing their sponsors with. Rather, each and every sponsor must implement their own set of actions based on their needs, skills, goals and budget. Activation spending, as a matter of fact, must be considered on top of the the sponsorship spending itself and has to be taken into account as a separate, but necessary, cost.
Agencies such as RTR Sports Marketing, thanks to their expertise in the field, are particularly effective and useful when it comes to sponsorship activation, as they already have a very clear idea of can and can’t be done and what steps are needed to get to a specific goal.
Source: Dorna, Nielsen, CSM International